Sunday 23 June 2013

Visit Ben Venom..

Ben_Venom_Quilt

I visited one of my very favorite quilters a few weeks ago, Mr. Ben Venom. He's been busy at work on his most detailed quilt yet. Inspired by occult symbols and the Misfits' Where Eagles Dare, his latest quilt has over 175 pieces and 95 heavy metal t-shirts (his signature fabric of choice).

You can see the entire visit on Flickr and see my other visits here and here.

Ben texted me the above pic as I was finishing the post. Looks like the quilt is coming along!

Ben_Venom-1

Ben_Venom-4

Ben_Venom-10

Ben_Venom-9

Ben_Venom-8

Ben_Venom-11

Ben_Venom-22

Ben with friend Kevin Earl Taylor.

Ben_Venom-12

Ben_Venom-15

Ben_Venom-14

Ben_Venom-20

Ben_Venom-17

Ben_Venom_Butterfly_Quilt

Ben also sent me a pic of the commissioned baby quilt he just finished. Mamma and Daddy have been in a few metal bands and these are their t-shirts. So rad

Ben_Venom-30

Thanks Ben! <3

1 comment:

  1. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. linkedin.com/in/kevinhobbs007

    ReplyDelete